- Museum of malacology – the richest collection of shells in the world is held at the museum of malacology, over 3000 examples of exposed shells. A valuable herbarium of plants from the Biokovo Mountain is also kept at the museum, as well as a smaller paleontology collection. There are also numerous types of shells from the tropical and subtropical seas – they have the most attractive colors and shapes of all the shells.
- St.Peter Peninsula – a park on the south side of the town, with remains of an old church and caves, beautiful long promenade connected to all locations of the Makarska Riviera.
- Vepric sanctuary – dedicated to the Mary of Lourdes, founded by bishop dr. Juraj Carić in 1908. A natural cave is placed in the midst of a landscape with hills, greenery and a small creek.
- St. Mark concathedral – is located on the top of Kacic square. The building of this baroque style church began in 1700. At the entrance to the concathedral, to the right, there is an altar in which bones of St. Klement is kept, patron saint of the town of Makarska, as well as of the Makarska diocese.
- Venice fountain – also from the 18th century with the oldest crest of the town known.
- St. Nikola church – built in 1889 in a neoromantic style. It holds valuable objects such as the stained glass by Josip Botteri Dini from the 1987 and a painting of the Way of the Cross by Josip Bifel from 1988.
- St. Lovre church – late baroque church from 1750 built on the foundations of an ancient building.
- Gospa od Karmela church – a monument of the baroque architecture. The church was built out of gratitude because of the victory over the Turks in 1715.
- Soline – the remains of the houses of the first inhabitants of Soline, a so-called complex of houses Filipovic. It is a valuable finding of the Roman remains: ceramics, old utensils, verses from the gravestone inscriptions and money.
- St. Mihovil’s church – the most valuable monument on the area of Makarska Riviera. It was built in the 11th century. It is located on the hill above Igrane, within olive groves over a hundred-years-old.
- Archeological localities – Sutvid, Okrumbica and Javorak. On the Sutvid locality more than one developing phase were presented: early-emperor villa rustica I-II century, late antic oratorio, medieval church and necropolis and a part of the later, southern addition – coenobium. It is assumed that the Croats have moved to this area in the late 7th century.
- Forts – between 15th and 18th century forts were built to protect the town. They are located in the wide area of Gornji Tucepi: Sarica fort is located on the headmost rock, beneath Biokovo; Buselica fort is aloof, as well, but closer to the middle of the village; while Lalica fort is located in the village itself.
- St. Francis convent – contains rich ethnographic collection as well as the collection of ethnographic images of a known Croatian painter Mladen Veza.